- Worship Resource
Dear Young Anabaptists,
Grace and peace to you on behalf of the YABs (Young Anabaptists) Committee!
As the YABs Committee, our vision is that on the foundation of our Anabaptist identity, through global and local networking, we can walk together, empowering and supporting each other as young Anabaptists in fellowship, decision-making and peace-making initiatives. Often we don’t realize we have a global community that shares our same roots in Anabaptism.
This year, our 8th annual YABs Fellowship Week continues to strengthen our global sense of Anabaptist community within the young adult context. During this time (18-25 June 2023) youth and young adult groups from all over the world can participate (see below) by sharing prayer requests and praise with each other, and discussing Scripture based on our theme, The family I found in my salvation (Luke 15:4-7).
As young people, we are not just the future of the church, but the present. A diverse family, we all have gifts and lessons to offer in our local and global church, both as individuals and collective cultures.
So, consider this an official invitation to participate in YABs Fellowship Week. Although we can’t be together physically, we can worship together in spirit and in truth as we strive to live kingdom-focused lives in our respective cultures and countries.
How can you participate? Here are some suggestions below!
- Use and adapt the materials (Scripture, songs, discussion questions, prayer requests, testimonies, media, etc.) to your young adult group that week. Available via Facebook and our website
- Share with us! It could be the impact of GYS, a testimony of how God is working in your local context, a meaningful worship song, a prayer or prayer request, etc. We want to be able to share these things on a broader scale. Please send via Facebook, Instagram or email email@example.com
- Organize a YABs Fellowship Week event in your local community with other youth/young adult groups! Fellowship within the broader Anabaptist community in your area/region. It doesn’t have to be complicated; just get together to worship, play, discuss and pray together.
- Join a discussion on Discord and meet other YABs from around the world and share conversations on our different perspectives. You can find the Discord chat at discord.com/younganabaptists
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay engaged via social media!
#YABs #globalfaithfamily #mwcmm #yabsprayer
- Send us feedback on YABs Fellowship Week after the event and submit input on future YABs projects. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us in this endeavour! We eagerly anticipate hearing from you and are so grateful that God has blessed us with you all as a part of our global family!
May the peace of Christ be with you and may God’s Word dwell in you richly,
The YABs Committee
Please feel free to contact your regional YABs representative with any questions you may have.
Valentina Kunze (chair)
Isaac Nii Torgbor Gborbitey
Kkot-Ip Bae (배 꽃잎)
Felix Pérez Diener