Posted: September 15, 2020
Prayer during a time of threat
We live in a world of great beauty, but also in a world under threat.
Lord, we come to you in our fragility, trusting in your loving care and providence.
Please receive our prayers…
- for those impacted by and living in fear of wildfires across the western United States, and in the Amazon and many other regions of the world;
- for all your creatures threatened and fleeing from fire and destruction;
- for those who have lost their homes, their places of worship and work.
- for your sovereign intervention, bringing rain to mitigate fires, and help to these places;
- for faithful local and indigenous leaders and environmental advocates, who bravely defend the forests and your land in their communities. That you will put armies of angels around them to protect their lives and give them peace as they defend what you love;
- for the local authorities, and those with power in each place; for wisdom, a sense of urgency and sensitivity to protect your forests, your people, and the rest of creation;
- for ourselves, that as individuals and as a Church, we might be faithful and courageous in prayer, playing our part in defending and restoring your creation.
Thank you for hearing our prayers.
—Juliana Morillo, missionary in Peru and now in Colombia, with Teusaquillo Mennonite Church in Bogotá. MSc development and environmental management; Latin America Facilitator for the Lausanne/WEA Creation Care Network.
|Christians across the world are walking in spirit toward care for creation. This #SeasonofCreation celebration takes place 1 September to 4 October 2020.|
Season of Creation prayers
Creation care Survey
We need your input!
The Creation Care Task Force requests that you take the creation care survey; we need your input! As the task force begins our work, it is important we hear from you, as a congregation within Mennonite World Conference, about issues of creation care such as climate change. Your feedback is critical as we create a plan to work on creation care issues which churches feel are most important, and as we provide resources for churches who want to engage with issues like climate change and other forms of environmental degradation which impact our congregations.
Please take about 15 minutes individual, or together with other members of your congregation, to fill out this survey.
Your input is highly valued; thank you for participating!