- Worship Resource
Following Jesus together across barriers
Why this theme was chosen:
This is the theme chosen for the Indonesia 2021 Assembly. As a global Anabaptist faith community our priorities are summarized in these words.
Old Testament: Isaiah 55:1-6
Gospel: John 4:1-42
New Testament: Philippians 2:1-11
Relationship between the theme and the biblical texts:
We read about people crossing barriers to follow God’s commands.
- The prophet Isaiah writes that we are a witness to all nations when we reflect the glory of God.
- The Psalmist writes our courage comes from God even when we are afraid.
- In the Gospel of John, Jesus reaches across religious, racial/ethnic, and gender boundaries to connect with the Samaritan woman, who then witnesses to her community that Jesus is the Messiah.
- In Philippians, Paul tells us how to follow Jesus in obedience, with concern for other people’s needs and interests more than our own.
We too are all called to follow Jesus together by crossing barriers.
Suggested liturgies for gathering and for benediction
- Biblical texts for sermon content
- Testimonies from Asia
- Cultural contributions from Asia
- Pictures (click or see below)
- Song videos: Dalam Kehipudan, other Asian videos
- Poster A
- Poster B
- Sample bulletin covers