Posted: December 1, 2021
Mennonites stand in the breach through prayer
“And I sought for anyone among them who would repair the wall and stand in the breach before me on behalf of the land,” writes the prophet Ezekiel (22:30). On 19 November 2021, more than 110 members of Mennonite World Conference from Argentina to Zimbabwe rose to pray for the world.
At MWC’s bimonthly online prayer hour, participants lift their hearts before God, shouldering burdens together in the world-wide family of faith.
In November, prayers rise for the follow concerns and more:
- Christians facing persecution in India and Nepal.
- Migrants in Latin America, and for the families of people who have disappeared due to violence in Mexico.
- Political elections and church leadership gatherings in Nepal and Zambia.
- Violence and insecurity in Uganda, Ethiopia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
- Destruction of creation, and the natural disasters that result, such as flooding in British Columbia, Canada.
Despite challenges, “We don’t live in fear; we live by faith,” says Jeremiah Choi, regional representative for Hong Kong.
Join the next online prayer hour 21 January 2022.
Click here to register.
Subscribe to the bimonthly Prayer Network letter.