- Praise God for a new Mennonite church established in India, where most of the members have come to Christian practices from other faiths.
- Pray that God would raise up new leaders in North American churches.
- Pray for people in Latin America, particularly Venezuela and Ecuador where violence harms people, and feeds into migration stresses.
- Pray for peace and justice.
- Praise God for the gift of unity; may we receive it.
These petitions were noted in the report-backs from small group rooms in Online Prayer Hour.
Every two months, Anabaptist-Mennonites from around the world gather online to pray together on Friday at 14:00 UTC. That’s morning in the Americas, late afternoon in Africa and Europe, and evening across Asia.
Deacons and regional representative facilitate the small group prayer in breakout rooms. They share concerns and joys from their region.
“We had five people from Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Honduras, Paraguay,” says one Spanish room leader. “We had seven from the USA, Canada, Germany and Ethiopia,” says an English group leader.
“Praise God we had a meaningful prayer time for unity of Spirit to pray for suffering and bleeding humanity. May God have mercy over this world. We will continue pray for shared points,” says participant Rechal Bagh.
Walk in solidarity with Anabaptist-Mennonites around the world by joining in prayer together at the next online prayer hour, 15 March 2024.