- Resource Document
- An MWC member/associate member or an organization associated with member churches is eligible for Jubilee funds if the request is related to and enhances the four pillars of church life: fellowship, worship, service and witness.
- The Jubilee fund can support member churches in case of need after natural or human-made disasters.
- The member church submitting the request must contribute at least 30% toward the endeavour. This requirement does not apply in cases of disasters.
- The amount requested should not exceed US $10 000. In some cases (e.g., disasters), the maximum amount of US $10 000 can be exceeded at the discretion of the committee that decides on the applications.
- An MWC member church will be eligible for only one grant in a three-year period.
- An application package is available on the MWC website or upon request from any MWC office.
- Requests must be officially approved by the national church officers and should include what the applicant church will contribute towards the project.
- Forms A, B and C must be submitted.
- Form D is for submission of the final narrative and financial report.
- The MWC general secretary, and chair and secretary of the Deacons Commission form the committee that decides on the applications.
- Following our MOU with Mennonite Central Committee, MWC will include an MCC advisor in the committee decisions about allocations from the Global Church Sharing Fund.
- This committee may ask advice from MWC Regional Representatives and other organizations involved in the area.
- The member church receiving the gift is required to keep a record of all disbursements.
- A mid-term project update is required within one year of receiving the grant. The update should include a report on how the money has been spent to date and an updated budget for the completion of the project. A timeline of the project work should also be included.
- The final financial and narrative reports are required within six months of the project completion. This report should include detail of project spending and explanations of any significant changes from the original proposal.
- Global Church Sharing Fund Application - all forms
- Global Church Sharing Fund budget template: Excel
- Global Church Sharing Fund Jubilee Application - Form A: Application
- Global Church Sharing Fund Application - Form B: Bank information
- Global Church Sharing Fund Application - Form C: Agreement
- Global Church Sharing Fund Application - Form D: Final report