Job Title: MWC Web Communications assistant
Accountable to: MWC Chief Communications Officer
Date: Starting August/September 2021
Position type: 80-100%
Position location: Africa, Asia or Latin America
Job Description Summary:
The MWC Web Communications assistant is part of the MWC Communications team. This position manages the MWC website and social media accounts in all three official MWC languages and works with the MWC Communications team to create content for MWC.
- Manage all web content for MWC ensuring that content is organized for maximum accessibility, posted in a timely manner in all three official MWC languages and kept up to date. MWC contracts outside translators, graphic designers, etc. as needed.
- Provide leadership for MWC social media initiatives, including administration of the MWC Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and YouTube accounts.
- Collect, repurpose, and edit content for social media use. Content is written and visual, photos and videos, including content from the MWC website. This includes working with communication staff and others within MWC.
- Create social media campaigns and special projects as needed (for example videos or graphic design).
- Create simple videos for social media and MWC website.
- Monitor MWC social media account and engage with audience.
- Monitor, analyze and report statistics and data from the MWC website and social media accounts.
- Organize and tag photos and videos for MWC media gallery.
- Participate in MWC Communication team meetings online.
- Other duties: This job description may not cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Education: Training or studies in Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or Public Relations.
- Experience: one to two years of relevant experience (preferred); familiarity of global Anabaptist communities.
- Membership: membership in a MWC member church.
- Language: fluency in English required, knowledge of another MWC language is preferred.
- Knowledge of working with social media platforms, cloud programs and computer software, including Microsoft office, photo and video editing.
- Knowledge of managing the backend of a website.
- Remote team work and collaboration.
- Independent work.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrating the capacity to meet deadlines and work with a variety of requests at the same time.
- Ability to take initiative and to generate new ideas for possible activities or strategies.
- An understanding of and appreciation for Anabaptist identity and Mennonite World Conference’s mission.
- Strong virtual inter-personal communication skills. Experience with intercultural relationships is preferable.
How to Apply
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application opening date: 9 July 2021
Application closing date: 28 July 2021
Click here to view post as PDF