Meet your Global Anabaptist Service Network (GASN)
A global network of Anabaptist-related church agencies and organizations committed to the holistic gospel of Jesus Christ and the mission of the church through service ministries in our communities, nations and world as expressed in the Shared Convictions of Mennonite World Conference.
The Global Anabaptist Service Network (GASN) seeks to strengthen the capacity of Anabaptist churches and their agencies to reach out in service to “the widow, the orphan, and the alien” as witness to God’s love and compassion for all and to seek transformation and promote justice in our communities.
It operates under the guidance of the Mission Commission which seeks to recapture in every part of the church the apostolic vision of the whole body of Christ engaged in faithful discipleship, filled with the Holy Spirit, and reaching out to all those around us and beyond us to whom the Lord leads us.
The objectives of the Global Anabaptist Service Network are:
- Provide a space for service agencies and organizations to connect with each other
- Promote awareness and understanding of the work of GASN members as ministries of the church
- Provide opportunities for the global Anabaptist church to give counsel to GASN members
- Encourage better and stronger collaboration among member agencies and organizations
- Increase channels of communication and interaction among members
- Work together to accomplish more than members could individually
- Honour the gifts of all members regardless of their size
- Share best practices and lessons learned among members
- Provide opportunities for training, growth and development
- Reflect together on what it means to be an Anabaptist service agency
- Learn about global needs and how to respond effectively
The Global Anabaptist Service Network is guided by these values:
- Commitment: Walking with people who are marginalized is an essential part of God’s commandments (Deuteronomy 26:12, Matthew 25:31–46).
- Dignity: All members have needs and all members have value to contribute (2 Corinthians 8).
- Unity: All members belong to one Body; if one part suffers every part suffers with it (1 Corinthians 12).
- Life and witness: All members are called to be salt and light, announcing and living out the Kingdom of God wherever they are.
The Global Anabaptist Service Network is a global coalition of Anabaptist church-related service agencies and organizations. Its members are involved in service ministries beyond the congregation, self-identified as Anabaptist with formal commitment to the MWC Shared Convictions, and have a priority ministry that fits within a broad definition of service (e.g., relief, development, healthcare, peacemaking and justice).