Mennonite World Conference (MWC) exists to be a global community of faith in the Anabaptist tradition, facilitate relationships between Anabaptist-related churches worldwide, and relate to other Christian world communions and organizations.
MWC invites applicants to apply for the temporary, part-time position of Development Assistant, starting as soon as possible and ending 31 July 2022.
Job Title: Interim development assistant
Accountable to: Development Officer and Regional Representatives Coordinator
Date: as soon as possible
Position type: Part-time, 80% FTE
Position location: 50 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Experience working with CRM databases
- Experience with and understanding of fundraising
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Spanish and/or French would be an asset
- Proven organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks and meet fluctuating workload demands
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Membership in an MWC member church
- Appreciation for Anabaptist theology and sensitivity to the various Anabaptist communities around the world
1. Support the Chief Development Officer and carry out the following duties:
- Maintain CRM database for all donors
- Set up and monitor electronic contributions
- Notify Chief Development Officer of major donations on a daily basis
- Record contributions from all sources in database
- Prepare reports from database and modify as needed
- Create lists from database for MWC Courier magazine and assist with distribution
- Prepare lists for all fundraising appeals
- Prepare and distribute appeal letters
- Liaise with mailing house about distribution of appeal letters and postcards
- Liaise with Chief Administrative Officer and IT provider about database needs
- Prepare tax receipts and thank-you letters
- Prepare and distribute tax receipts and thank you letters
- Make thank you phone calls as requested
- Respond to requests from staff, volunteers and the public for Development-related information
2. Support the Coordinator Regional Representatives and carry out the following duties:
- Prepare and send correspondence (via email and WhatsApp) from Regional Representatives to member churches, congregations and church leaders around the world.
- Update church contributions in the database, and send updates and reminders to member churches.
- Maintain Young Anabaptist Mennonite Exchange Network (YAMEN!) information in the database, and send updates to YAMEN! alumni.
- Liaise with the administrative assistant in Bogota to maintain database data for member churches and their congregations.
- Provide back-up for bookkeeper during absences
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or mail to
Mennonite World Conference
50 Kent Avenue, Suite 206
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 3R1
Application opening date: 9 November 2021
Application closing date: when filled
Posting updated 10 November 2021