The Deacons Commission focuses on the welfare of the churches within the MWC communion, particularly in times of duress, and offers listening, prayer, encouragement and support to churches feeling the need for brothers and sisters to “walk with them” in their particular need. The commission promotes the attitude and practice of service among member churches by means of visits, teaching and materials.
- Global Church Sharing Fund
- MWC Prayer Network: Click here for more information about what the Prayer Network is and how to sign up.
- Deacons Delegation Visits:
- 2017: Democratic Republic of Congo (Generous love amid war in Democratic Republic of Congo)
- 2017: Peru (MWC Deacons communicate the church’s care)
- 2017: ConoSur meeting and Ecuador (MWC provides care after the storm)
Siaka Traoré, Chair (Burkina Faso), Henk Stenvers, Secretary (Netherlands), Jurg Braker (Switzerland), Doug Sider (Canada), Hanna Soren (Nepal), Angela Opimi (Bolivia), Ephraim Bainet Disi Mbewe (Malawi), Vikal Pravin Rao (India).
From left above: Jurg Braker, Angela Opimi, Vikal Pravin Rao, Ephraim Bainet Disi Mbewe. From left below: Siaka Traoré, Hanna Soren, Henk Stenvers, Doug Sider.